It looks best at night.
I really hate to complain. Well, not really. But I hate to complain about such a great city like Paris. I mean, it’s the heart of France. Yes? No? There’s a lot of culture. International recognition. It boasts of Napoleon and the Louvre. The Louvre! But there were several things that I see as the downside. They kind of disappointed me. Maybe London has spoiled me (not that this is an English verses French kind of thing).
What Mona sees everyday.
10 Reasons Why Paris Disappointed Me:
- Watch out for land mines because there’s dog poopy everywhere
- The winter gardens aren’t as well-kept as other cities like London
- Smells similar to a waft of air from sewage plant
- There’s an exceptional amount of litter
- If you attempt French out of courtesy, you’re still greeted with hostility
- The metro smells worse than the waft of airs outside
- Lots of gypsies come up to you asking, “Do you Speak English?”
- There’s a startling number of homeless people, or at least that can be seen
- The automatic metro doors wait for no one – don’t get your head slammed
- The Louvre is more busy than a shopping mall
Entertainment for the kids.
Too bad you have to pay... more than its really worth.
If you take a boat ride, do it on a sunny day.
More free entertainment for the kids.
Update: March 9, 2010, 10 p.m., London
FYI – Major Cities I’ve been to:
- New York City
- Quebec City
- Washington, D.C.